A delicious looking meal with south of the border flavors!!!
I’ve been on a Mexican food kick lately. Whenever I eat something at any restaurant, I always think to myself, “I wonder what they used to make this?” I’ve had these bean numerous times at my favorite Mexican restaurant. And I finally decided to try to recreate their recipe, but of course make it as easy and simple as possible. They turned out delicious! I hope you enjoy these as much as I did. For my vegetarian friends, substitute with seitan bacon or use a few drops of liquid smoke and use vegetable broth instead of beef broth.
- 4-5 slices of bacon, chopped into small strips
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- Over medium high heat, add bacon pieces to…
View original post 69 more words